Tuesday 7 August 2007

Party Preparations...

Boys definitely have it easy when it comes to going to black ties parties and weddings by simply putting on the dinner jacket or morning suit and then making the ‘tough’ decision of which shirt and tie to wear.

If only it was that easy for us girls!!

Not only do we have to find the perfect dress, shoes and bag to match, we’ve then got the pre-party preparations to deal with.

I had a lengthy and time consuming to do list to get through before a wedding I went to last week. Having found the outfit (see blog Dilemma), it was then down to the prep.

Being more of an ‘English Rose’ than a ‘California Tan’, it was straight to the beauty salon for a head to toe self tan. Having had previous disasters with spray tans (drips down legs…) and trying to apply them myself at home (I had to borrow tights from the host at a 21st once) it was straight to Gina Conway on the Fulham Road.

I opted for the all over sun kissed look. With the choice of either St Tropez or Aveda (a more natural tan – apparently) I went for the latter – the I’ve been tangoed look is smacks of Footballer’s Wives and isnt a look that Pashminas and Pearls goes for!

The added bonus of Aveda is that it’s clear, so popping down to Amuse Bouch for a couple of glasses of bubbles afterwards wasn’t a problem!

Next came the nails – I popped in to my favourite nail spot The Nail Gallery on the Fulham Road for a quick mani, and then just the day before, came the eyebrows.

With the day of the wedding on us, all that was left to do was the wash, blow dry and straightening of the hair. With my hair having a natural wave to it, hair straighteners are an essential in every weekend bag!

The final touches were then made – a pashmina and a set of pearls…what else?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Entertaining and witty methinks :)

What can I say, two of my passions pashminas and pearls. In fact that has been the name of my business for the last couple of years and the name of my online shop.

My love of the two products and frustrations of not getting exactly what I wanted alas, led me to having to spend my time searching, purchasing and of course wearing the products for advertising :)in the form of my shop. My geat sadness is parting with them to someone who may not appreciate them in the same way as I do.

Keep the article going it gives me a giggle.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I have not sussed the art of blogging per se as yet so no profile as yet but here is something of a peak at my passion.

Pashminas and Pearls said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for your comments! Would love to see your products - drop me an email (address is in my profile)as was unable to link through. Look forward to hearing from you.
P & P