Wednesday 8 August 2007

Searching for Sun...


Fed up with the lack of summer so far, Green Fingers and I decided to go looking for the sun instead. Despite a week in Jersey ‘en famille’, the diary is looking almost as bleak as the Fulham sky.

Deciding enough was enough, after Pashminas and Pearls experienced another bad hair day in the torrential rain, I resorted to trawling through the websites, searching for some winter sun possibilities. It’s also going to be Green Fingers any my first holiday together so even more pressure to get it just right. Being seen in the wrong sort of hotel or resort would have done nothing for our reputation!!

After my initial suggestions of the Banyan Tree, Sandy Lane and any one of the One and Onlys being shot down with exclamations of ‘I wouldn’t pay that for a week let alone night!’, we decided on Egypt. Far enough for winter sun, but wouldn’t blow the annual electricity budget! I admit Pashminas and Pearls can be a little picky and fussy sometimes, but there really is no point in slumming it don’t you agree?

It was at this point frustration kicked in and the emails went flying to the luxury travel agents – the package holidays wasn’t quite what Pashminas and Pearls had in mind…Why this didn’t come to me sooner I don’t know. Within a day we had the perfect holiday all booked through Exsus Travel without the ‘stress and strain’ of having to do it ourselves. Take a peek at what we booked...The Oberoi.

Some may say Pashminas and Pearls is a touch on the spoilt side – I say it’s more a case of searching for perfection…that’s my excuse anyway!!

1 comment:

Lilac Stripe said...

that looks divine!