Tuesday 17 July 2007

Welcome

As this is my first blog I thought I'd give you a bit of background about me. Then you can see what kind of person I am and decide whether my life seems vaguely amusing / interesting / entertaining and whether it's worth the odd few minutes every now and when in need of a distraction from everything on the to do list.

Would love to hear all your comments...

Like any true pashmina and pearls protogee my younger years were spent at a typically sloaney prep school in Sloane Square, followed by boarding school in the Home Counties (the same one that a certain Princess has since attended) then University at Newcastle (should have been Bristol but I chose my social life over my A Levels - according to my father!!).

Fulham has been the borough of choice practically from birth. Membership of Hurlingham is as good as the country pad but without the tailbacks on the M3 or M4 on Sunday evenings. My sweet little two bedroom flat off the Fulham Road has been home since leaving university, (apart from a brief interlude ‘South of the River’ - Clapham you guessed it - that's too distressing to dwell on). My flatmate's a great friend from school (isn’t everyone’s?!) though half my time's spent at ‘Green Fingers’ – but more on him later!!

After University I starting working in the offices of a rather well known estate agent, where girls in pearls fit in best. Despite the social excitement of working with like minded people (there werent enought at Uni - even in the Toon) and five years of fun, I decided to seek my fortune, expand my horizons and use the brain cells which my friends say I have, and moved into the world of finance – where I'm still waiting to make my fortune and broaden my horizons. The office is only two moments walk from Harvey Nics though so that's a bonus in itself!

My ‘significant other’ or ‘Green Fingers’ as I like to call him, has been on the scene for six months now – based in Fulham as well, naturally, and setting up his own business as garden designer. Life in the 'borough' (Fulham) consists of dinner parties, drinks parties (the odd trip out to Ascot, Henley and the like) and eating out at our favourite SW haunts as well as trying out the newest eateries. Culture has a habit of slipping in now and then, usually involving bribery on my part! The phrase ‘I’m telling people you’re dragging me there’ is often used…!

So that's me in a nutshell. Hope you'll tune in for the next installment with Pashminas & Pearls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what fun! love it! can't wait to hear more...